Extended Checkbook - Tell us how you would manage your money by allocating $500 amongst the results and sub results below
Ever wonder how the County budget is spent and what services come back to you as a Douglas County citizen? We invite you to be a part of this unique opportunity and help us manage the County’s checkbook. How would you spend your money?
In its Strategic Plan, Douglas County has identified six major results that the County strives to provide for the community:
- Safe Community
- Economic Vitality
- Reliable, Well-Maintained Infrastructure
- Financial Stability
- Preservation of Natural Environment, Resources and Cultural Heritage
- Managed Growth and Development
Emphasize which results are most important to you by dividing the funds just as you would for your own personal household budget. Show us what is important to you by:
- Spending money on a result – the county should continue to provide services that support that result
- Spending no money on result – the county should not continue to provide services that support that result
- Creating a new result – the county should spend funds on a result not currently a focus.
Why is this important to you?
Managing the County’s Checkbook will give you a perspective of the budget process and will help you understand how your preferences affect other service areas. You will also be able to see how your choices compare to those of other participants. The cumulative results will be reviewed as part of the budget development process and will assist in providing information to the Board of Commissioners.
Are you up for the challenge? Click one of the exercises below to participate.
Outcome: Under ReviewRead More
This topic has 458 visitors and 54 budgets: 30 registered budgets and 24 unregistered budgets.
That's 2.7 hours of public comment @ 3 minutes per budget.