Please see the City's Social Media Policy
for more on statement standards. The section on content standards are below:
Any City social media site that elicits or allows comments from the public shall be designated as a limited public forum for First Amendment purposes. As such, and in order to promote the City's goals articulated above and remain in compliance with other laws, City social media site content shall not contain any of the following.
1. Profane language or content;
2. Sexual content or links to sexual content;
3. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation; or other protected characteristic
4. Solicitations or commerce;
5. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
6. Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
7. Libelous or defamatory comments;
a. Libel is a false and unprivileged publication by writing, printing, picture, effigy, or other fixed representation to the eye, which exposes any person to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or obloquy, or which causes a person to be shunned or avoided, or which has a tendency to injure a person in his or her occupation.
8. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
9. Private or personal information published without consent
10. Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being commented upon
These guidelines shall be displayed to users or made available by hyperlink on all City social media sites. Any content removed based on these guidelines must be retained, including the time, date and identity of poster, when available. If the comment cannot be removed due to the social media platform where the post originated, the department may choose to address the post by monitoring the activity of the commenter, sending a direct message, muting, blocking, or reporting negative activity to the social media platform where it originated. Users posting to the City's social media sites shall be informed that the City disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials that the City deems inappropriate for posting. Daily maintenance and monitoring of these social media sites is the responsibility of the applicable City Department.
Please select the first community center you would like to provide feedback for. You will have the opportunity to comment on all community centers or you can skip to the ones you want to comment on. Please select the next community center you would like to provide feedback for in sequential order.
What are your priorities for a recreation facility at Bay Meadows Park? Please allocate the dots to your top priorities.
What are your perspectives as relate to the relationship between the Recreation Facility and the surrounding park?
There is no need for a recreation facility here. The money should be spent to refurbish and upgrade existing facilities throughout San Mateo, especially those in areas closer to less affluent neighborhoods where the facilities and dollars can have a higher impact.
What is your vision for a recreation facility at Bay Meadows Park?
Again, the funds should be used to upgrade facilities at Joinville, MLK, and other parks. The existing park is a lovely green space that attracts a lot of visitors for various events. As a Bay Meadows resident, I would rather see my tax dollars spent to upgrade existing facilities and make them the modern standard.
Please select the next community center you are interested in providing feedback for: