Provide feedback on the draft Public Land Site Evaluation Guidelines.
The County is developing policy guidelines for evaluating County-owned sites that are proposed for public needs, such as public facilities, schools or affordable housing.
- Review the Public Land Site Evaluation Guidelines
- Submit feedback on the draft policy guidelines
About the Guidelines
The draft guidelines set goals, evaluation criteria and a process for determining how to balance public priorities. It is intended to inform the analysis of a site’s feasibility, but does not include the site selection process for an identified public facility need. Potential uses for public land could include public facilities, affordable housing, schools and recreational facilities and parks. Potential sites include:
- Sites identified in the County Manager’s Public Land for Public Good report
- Sites identified for additional study in the FY 2015-2024 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
- County-held land identified as a potential new school site in the Arlington Public Schools CIP
We are seeking community feedback on the draft policy that will guide upcoming land use studies. Staff will use the feedback to revise the draft and present updated guidelines to the Long Range Planning Committee and the Planning Commission for their review in Fall 2014. The County Board will consider the Public Land Site Evaluation Guidelines at its December meeting.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The comment period will close on October 31, 2014.
For more information, visit the Public Land Site Evaluation website.
This topic has 413 visitors and 48 statements: 27 on forum statements and 21 off forum statements.
That's 2.4 hours of public comment @ 3 minutes per statement.