What would you like the name of the future all-abilities playground at the Dublin Sports Grounds to be?
The City of Dublin is seeking input from the Dublin community on the naming of a new all-abilities playground located at the Dublin Sports Grounds Community Park.
The existing playground at Dublin Sports Ground is being rehabilitated into an all-abilities playground approximately 19,500 square feet in size which is over three times the size of the existing playground. The all-abilities playground offers a “play for all” theme and includes a quiet zone, music zone, spinning zone, swinging zone, a toddler zone, and active play zones for ages two to five and five to 12.
The playground area will also include the following amenities:
- Play Structures
- Sand Play
- Group Picnic Areas with Shade
- Sensory Path
- Benches and Seatwalls
- Public Art
As a general guideline, names for the park should reflect the following considerations:
- Geographic location and characteristics
- Landscaping, topography, natural features
- Design amenities or features
- Historical significance
- Recognition of a significant contributor to the advancement of the City
- Land or area is traditionally known as...
- Adjoining neighborhood, area or street
The conceptual design for the neighborhood square was approved by the City Council on February 19, 2019, and is shown below:
This topic has 67 visitors and 11 responses.
That's 33 minutes of public comment @ 3 minutes per response.